Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of optimizing your website and its content to increase its ranking on search engine results page (SERPs) and improve the quality of incoming organic traffic, thereby increasing conversion rate.
One of the biggest advantages of SEO is that once you start ranking higher on SERPs, you will start making sales on autopilot without any expenses. Let’s have a look at the latest SEO strategies that will help you get free, recurring, and high-converting traffic.
Latest Strategies You Must Include in Your Ecommerce SEO Plan
According to 99Firms, search engines drive 10x more traffic to shopping sites than social media. When you optimize your website for search engines, you will have to spend less on paid ads to generate highly-qualified leads.
On-Page SEO for eCommerce Product Pages
Your product and category pages are the most important pages to rank on SERPs. When someone searching for a specific category or product finds your page on the top, they’re more likely to visit your website.
To rank on top, you need to optimize the content of these pages.
- Optimize product descriptions: Creating unique product descriptions is extremely important in order to rank for each and every product. Using a manufacturer’s description or repeating sections of content for similar products may save your time, but it can hamper your website’s ranking negatively. Optimizing product descriptions using specific, relevant short-tail and long-tail keywords for every product is the best way to improve your product pages ranking.
- Optimize the URL: Integrating the primary keyword in the URL can significantly improve search engine rankings. Customize your URL for every category, if not products.
- Use High-quality product Images: Google and shoppers both love high-quality product images. High-quality product photos reveal the details of your products in a way product descriptions cannot. Make sure you upload multiple images from different angles.
- Use “Alt Text”: Since Google can’t read images, it relies on “Alt Text” to know what the image is all about. Hence, it is important to use “Alt Text” to describe the images.
Simplify the Structure of Your eCommerce Website
A complicated design can reduce your website’s loading speed. Simplifying your site’s architecture and establishing easy site navigation will allow search engines to crawl your website easily, improving the likelihood of attaining higher search engine rankings.
There are two golden rules to simplifying the site’s structure
- Make sure no page requires more than three clicks to get to from any other page.
- Separate your products into relevant and easily searchable categories
This will not only help you increase sales, but it will also help you improve user experience.
Perform Technical SEO Audit for your Ecommerce Website
SEO is not only about keywords, but it is also about fixing technical errors, improving site speed and eliminating duplicate content. Use tools like Screaming Frog to identify broken links, duplicate content, and missing metadata or alt text on your site. You can then prevent search engine crawlers from indexing broken links of your website. It’s recommended to perform technical SEO audit once in a month to make sure that errors on your site don’t affect your SEO negatively.
Optimize Your Site for Mobile Devices
Google considers mobile-friendliness as one of the top factors when ranking websites. Moreover, mCommerce sales will account for more than 54% of all eCommerce sales by 2021 (Pixel Union). Therefore, optimizing your website for mobile devices has become more important than ever. Give your users a smooth mobile experience by creating a responsive design.
Use Content Marketing for Your Advantage
Content marketing gives you the opportunity to add more keywords and build more backlinks. You won’t need to stuff keywords in your product pages to rank higher. Moreover, content marketing will help you to increase your domain authority and build trust with your potential customers. You can create content for each of your category pages and redirect your visitors to your product pages to convert more traffic. For example, if you sell cameras you can create content on “Best cameras of 2019” and add a link to your product pages.
Also Read: Does Boosting Facebook Posts Work?
You need to rank higher on SERPs to get maximize the reach of your eCommerce website and attract highly-qualified traffic.
Create unique product descriptions for every product and add short-tail and long-tail keywords to your product descriptions. Use high-quality product photos and keywords in the alt text to rank higher in the Google image search results.
Optimize the URL of your product pages and establish easy site navigation. Conduct technical SEO audit once in a month to identify and fix errors that can harm your website. Give importance to mobile responsiveness and use content marketing to add more keywords and links to your website.
Bharat Patel, who heads the digital marketing team at Brainvire Infotech, is armed with over 12 years of experience in the fields of online marketing and project management. He is extremely proactive in implementing the latest technological innovations in his projects. Bharat’s core expertise lies in all digital marketing services like search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and conversion rate optimization, among other things. His immense flare of writing encourages him to consistently pen down words revolving around current trends and innovations that relate to his fields of interest.