Botox is a cosmetic injectable that works as a wrinkle muscle relaxer. It uses botulinum toxin Type A to paralyze the muscle that visibly reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles. It is minimally invasive and generally considered safe if you get it from a reputed clinic. In fact, it is widely promoted as an effective treatment for fine lines and wrinkles.
How does Botox work?
Botox temporarily blocks muscle contractions and nerve signals. As a result, it improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes as well as between the eyebrows. Additionally, it can also slow down the formation of wrinkles by preventing facial muscle contraction.
It is a highly sought after treatment because it is minimally invasive and does not require any form of incisions or general anaesthesia. Although you may experience slight discomfort and pain that can be avoided by using topical anaesthetic or ice to numb the treatment area.
Moreover, you should make sure that you only hire the best provider of Botox Treatment In Salt Lake City to prevent any complications arising due to inexperience.
During the treatment, your provider will administer 3-5 injections of Botox using a thin needle. They inject the targeted area between the eyebrows. It usually takes up to three injections on each side of the eye to treat crow’s feet. The procedure does not require more than 10 minutes to conclude.
When you are done with the procedure, your expert will warn you against applying any pressure on the treatment area. You must also avoid rubbing or massaging as these actions can cause the Botox to spread to other parts of the body and lead to negative results. When injected between the brows, you must also avoid lying down or bending over for at least 4-5 hours.
In most cases, there is no downtime expected after the treatment. You should be able to resume your daily activities immediately. However, it is important to keep realistic expectations from the treatment and wait for at least 1-2 days for its effects to be visible. The full effect of Botox can last up to 4 months. You will be required to administer additional injections to maintain the results.
Other Benefits of Botox Treatment
Apart from reducing fine lines of aging, there are many other benefits of undergoing Botox treatment.
Here are some of its most common benefits:
- They add volume to your face: If you want your face to appear voluminous, then Botox is a great choice. You can target your under eye area, thinned cheeks, and thin lips. You will be able to see noticeable results in your appearance in just one sitting.
- Give yourself a face-lift: According to clinical experts of dermatology, Botox is helpful in shaping the jawline, lifting the tip of your nose, and also smoothen out the wrinkles that gives you back your youthful appearance.
- Soften your chin and jawline: If you are someone who habitually grinds their teeth during sleep can use the Botox treatment to shrink their muscles and narrow the jawline. The results can last for a year and can give you positive effects like making your cheeks appear lifted or treating soreness or discomfort caused due to teeth grinding.
- Shape up your lips: Youthful looking lips can also be attained by using Botox treatment. Dermatologists can inject tiny drops of Botox on your upper lip border that rolls the top lip up and make it look plumper. The Botox effect is more subtle than the collagen treatment and it is also less expensive.
- Smoothen out your décolleté: With sun exposure and age, fine lines can develop around the breast area for many women. Doctors can sometimes recommend injecting Botox on these muscles to smoothen them out and make them look more youthful.
- Treat migraines: One of the most unexpected benefits of Botox is its ability to treat migraines. According to the experts, when a doctor injects Botox into the forehead, scalp, and temples, then the pain signals being transmitted to the brain are blocked and it relaxes the muscles in your head to make them less sensitive to pain. However, this treatment is only recommended to patients who frequently complain about migraine attacks that aren’t improving from traditional medicines.
While these procedures have been around for many years, there are still many people who are confused about its benefits and what it can do for them. Therefore, we have put together everything you need to know about Botox and its benefits so that you can make an informed decision, should you choose to undergo the treatment. Be sure to read this article before booking your appointment.